Thursday, April 12, 2007

I am back from Swiss! I am coughing badly now with a chao ta face cause that country robbed my breath and ruddiness. It is so damn beautiful even the garbage piles look damn lovely. Ask Angela and she will agree. Haha. The next few posts gonna be long rambling of Swiss worshipping and many many peektures to prove my points. Hehe. But really la, peektures don’t do justice; you really must be there to experience the overwhelming sceneries.

I shall start with the capital of this adorable country. While waiting for the female lead (that everyone wants to see) to arrive, I went alone to Bern and spent a night there before going to Geneva. Bern keyed me up the moment I arrived, the atmosphere feels like a living 17th century. Imagine yuppies and city-dwellers in power suits and hip hop jackets walking on brick road and chatting underneath hundred years old clock towers, trams and cars passing by stone fountains and relic monuments. The historical present in the town exudes very interesting contradiction. I was snapping pictures of buildings and people like a crazy tourist amongst the bustling crowd. Everything looks so interesting from a gothic door knot to a clown face fountain.


There were two parts in the town, the new one on top of the hill and the old one below by the river. The buildings are the same only the old town being dead quiet with only hobby shops and galleries around.

The new part has got penetrating tramways, high fashion boutiques and Einstein house!
He spent 7 years in Bern before moving to Zurich but this is the birthplace of E=mc2! Haha how cool. Actually I am not really interested in learning about him la, just wanted to pass time waiting for my hostel which has closed for lunch break.

I really like the richness on the street and i took so much photos of just people on the streets. Modern people on olden streets.


Yeah so the rest of the day is pretty much point and snap and my excitement went from high to low then to negative. Yeah it was really bad at the evening as everything closed damn early. Suddenly it just went quiet, with not a single soul on the street. (Prove : Check out the first two peektures on the 1st montage above, I am not so crazy to photoshop away the people and cars) I was damn bored alone so I went to watch a Dutch movie with German and French subtitles. Hehe. It was a good film nonetheless, superb cinematography. It is called After the Wedding, nominated for this year's Oscars for best foreign film.














If you think the scene in Bern is pretty much like France, yeah I agree cause at this point of the trip nothing extraordinary seems to happen yet. Stay tune for next part when I met Angela (can hear Nat and the rest cheering eagerly) at Geneva and started my never before experiences ☺


p/s : Blogspot seems to lighten all my pics so they might look dull, but the scenes are really much more vibrant in real life. And one more thing, I do not blog this to show off how am I enjoying life while some of you were busy working or studying, I did it as my own travelogue and if you really think I am showing off, you can either don’t read them or make it a motivation to work harder so in turn you can travel to better places.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that a nice place...
Did you go Zurich??i love that place.if yess pls update more pics and nice sceneries ;-)

Btw do take care of ur health.
dun play till you forget everything..haha... if not how u gonna update us wif lots of your fun trips in europe...
Mr tour guide. :-)

Have a speedy recovery!!! :-)

bnnp said...

i wish i can go there as well.. :(
wow CLOWN face fountain very interesting huh..got take pics with the CLOWN face fountain or not?? its really so cool! btw hw come u say ple will think u r showing off? really happy for u that u are having a great time over there and can take such nice nice pics to show us lor. if only i have $ and can overcome my flight phobia.. :(

Anonymous said...

Aiyo..how come coughing again leh? Keep your jaw closed more often even though I know its amazing la~LOL.. Too much cold air getting in ur system!!

OMGosh! CLOWN face fountain?! And you went near it ah..Hehee.. never take pictures?

Ya lo..how come people will think you're showing off? Funny leh, its your blog. Can't take it then dun read loh~

BRICK said...

anom > thanks.. am just having this sticky cough that wont go away. Haha i also kinda clueless why am I doing the whole update thing like a tour guide. Anyway glad u enjoyed it

xiong > no.. no pic with clown face sorry..scary la. Hmm not everyone think the same as you, but nvm la. $ can come later but yeah must try to overcome the flight phobia k, theres a lot to see in the world!

nut > no.. i fled the moment i spotted the clown like silouhette. Haha nvm la, i made my point and thats it lor. so how? u r still saving the money for melbourne huh?

Look at switzerland!!!

Anonymous said...

when i retire, a lake house in one of your pictures wuold be the perfect spot! but again, do they have broadband there in the mountain?

or they watching satelite tv??

JL