Wednesday, September 20, 2006


The weather in London is surprisingly snug at the moment. I was expecting cold stuff but I can now just walk along the street with tshirt and jeans. There was a guided tour during the 2nd day of our induction programme and we were brought around in London city center.

Before that lets recalled what happened during the 1st day after I arrived here. I met a girl from China at the airport and she eventually became my only companion since we were staying at the same hall and will be studying at the same campus. She is no newbie to London like me as she was already here since she was 16. 7 years in London… that explains her beautiful English accent and I think she seems kinda matured for her age too. After some senseless wait at the halls, we decided to skip the pre-arranged dinner and she brought me out to Leicester Square for dinner. There I finally met Angela for the first time after we have been talking for months on msn and man she is really tall. The night ended with a brief walk around the Big Ben. It was great cause I have been seeing it for years on pictures and there it was, right in front of me. There are loads of great building along the river waiting to be explored and I must be back for sure for a good look at them.

Back to our induction, we were brought up on a bus with a tour guide and got shown along Kensington High Street and made a quick stop at Buckingham palace before we moved on along Piccadilly and alighted at Covent Garden. Covent Garden is hip with lots of buskers and fashionable crowd. It is supposed one of the busiest shopping districts after Oxford Street but I am really not into big brands shopping, so we have better fun staying around watching some magic shows and man they were really good.

The buildings in London are intriguing as they merge the old and new and they are really huge. Every one of them has got stories to tell and it seems to take forever to visit them. I am really looking forward to some free time in the future to spend some time here.


No comments: