Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hey here is a short update. School has started officially. On Monday we had another round of self introduction, I really see no point for them to do it again and again when everybody else just didn’t remember anything at all after that. For instance, I have got a classmate from China that told her friend that I am from Thailand right after the session. Sighs.

I have got a really interesting class cause they are made up of people from different ages, industries and races. There is a 40 yo entrepreneur that owns a dot com, a 30+ yo journalist that writes for several magazines in Norway, a shipping management officer cum navy from Taiwan, a Italian guitar musician etc etc…the most interesting part of all, is that most of them didn’t know anything about the course. When they made their introduction, they went like “I don’t know anything about interactive design. But I have decided to do something different and I think it is fun..” For a moment I forgot that I am actually doing a master course. I mean, how often do you hear Asians do ma for fun?

More surprises came during the second day of studies as they started teaching us how to use flash. It was so basic that I think Singapore taught that to secondary school students. Just when I thought that we should be doing research proposal and all, they were talking about which button does what. Well I guess I must have a good talk with the lecturer soon. At least what I can do now is to learn how to chill like the Caucasians. Half hour of lecture, coffee break, another half hour, cigi break, then another half hour…class dismissed. Haha.

Third day passed by more convincingly as we have a discussion on the history of hypertext. Well most of the time I didn’t know what they were talking about, but that should be it. It sounds more like a ma course that I was expecting, I shouldn’t understand and so I can complain that it is so tough and seek comfort from my friends. I love attending abstract lectures as it confuses everyone so in the end we can all walk out feeling intelligent :p

I wont have school from today till next mon so I have a long weekend! It can be boring since the rest are going to school but I have already a list of things to do lined up in my mind. Shall go now and settle my bank account first. Till then, hope all my sg and msia frens are doing well!

Shit, I just said it is a short update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its okay.. we like to read longer ones..hahaha..more content~ =p

Little Marshmallow said...

its not long mah, so short, nex time write more la..

the chin* gal stupid la..