Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I am typing this entry on the London Southwest trains on my return journey from Addlestone to London. It started with a casual chat with a friend on MSN. I was telling him that I wished to look for a part time job and he gave me his aunt’s contact in London (who owns a Chinese restaurant). On thurs morning, after getting my mobile line, I gave her a call and within 5 minutes into our conversation, she asked me to pack some clothes and she would pick me up to my work place. I was jolted but I went ahead anyway since I have nothing much to do. I am normally not that gutsy but I thought that has to change as I ll never know if I don’t try.

She picked me up at North Greenwich and after what seemed like a rather long journey to me, she left me at her friend’s restaurant, which I will be working at. The place is really far from my hall and I m supposed to bunk in with the workers throughout the weekend. And there I was, out of no preparation at all, spent my weekend there working for two nights and earned myself £70 (this week’s hall fees taken ca
re of :D) The whole experience was somewhat challenging but I got through it anyway and I am glad that I went.

Right now I have to think carefully whether to continue working there as I have worries about the long journey to and fro work and also loosing my weekend to possible outings and activities with friends. The pay is not exceptionally attractive too but somehow I feel that I have a lot to learn from the young fellows there in term of working attitude and life experiences. I know I might not get similar treatment elsewhere especially with Caucasians or ill natured hongkongers. Hmm think think think…

Gonna take a nap now and might drop by Oxford St to get a laptop bag to reward myself :D



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah, I'm friend of Angela... was there with her then. Mmmmm good to get a part-time, can afford some 'self-pampering shopping' or expenses but careful, don't burn all the weekends!